Thursday, March 17, 2011

315

Ok, so there's good news and there's bad news.  I'm an optimist, so I like the bad news first.  That way, we end on a high note. 

Bad news:  The Wilson family is having some problems bringing Peyton home.  I will refer you to their blogsite at http://redeemingourson.blogspot.com/ 

Be in prayer for the Wilson's and for Peyton!

If for whatever reason, God has other plans for Peyton, we will continue our journey together and help out another family in the same position.  But let's keep praying and trusting Jesus.

Good news:  Hopped on the Wii Fat (I mean....Fit) and it said I'm at 315!  I've slacked a little on the workouts, but the diet is staying strong, thanks to my wife, Michelle.  She is a real Swiss Cake Nazi!

It's funny that in one part of my life, I'm really struggling (namely, finding a job).  And, yes, I've been through this before.  But I feel like I'm still gaining control of something when I can focus on losing this extra person I seem to have eaten.  And it feels so good to have that right now. 

Now, I need some ideas (cheap ideas are best) on ways to celebrate getting to the 200's.  I haven't been there in a looooooong time and it is definitely worth a party.  And I'd like to see it happen by April 1st. 

If you're wondering, it isn't as easy as I might be making it sound either.  I have had my angry withdrawals, immature fits, and the occasional pizza roll flying in my mouth.  I am basically doing this on my own by eating less (a LOT less) and exercising more (a little more).  That's it! 

But my eyes are on the goal.  The pressure is on and I am the kind of guy who not only needs it, but I see that others can benefit from this too. 

Namely a special needs child who is in need of love.  And the only thing that seems to be keeping most of these kids away from that love is money.  Let's do something about one!  Maybe we can't save them all, but we can fix our eyes on one with a laser focus and let God use us to show His power to Peyton, the Wilson's, and whoever else it filters down to!

By the way, keep praying for me because I am still flesh and bones subject to weak moments.  But my God is stronger than my flesh!  And He is stronger than yours too!  Trust Christ and watch what He does!

Thanks for your love and support.

Jay "Eats Like A" Bird

2 comments:

Beth E. said...

You could always go Bowling!

Or there's hiking, picnicking, fishing, camping, etc...

Host a movie night, but create your own "drive in" movies by sticking a TV out the door or in a window and set up lawn chairs outside by it.

Hope this helps! :)

chrissy said...

great work! keep it up!