Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Things not to say to the Sam's Club Greeter.....

1.  "You're too big to do this job."  Actually stated to me in a serious manner by a customer.  My reply which stayed inside of my head, "Would you rather I take my big self to my couch and not work?"  or "I'm sorry, all the BIG PEOPLE jobs were taken."

2.  "Can you count to 3?"  Another statement said in all seriousness to belittle my ability to perform basic tasks, thereby making them feel superior.  My reply which stayed inside of my head, "No, but I can count to 2.  Smile at me and I'll prove it by counting both of your teeth."

3.  "This is a woman's job, what are YOU doing here?"  My reply which stayed inside of my head, "Well, I'm not shopping like YOU are, am I?"  or  "Can a woman do this.....Pow!.....Bang!.....Smash!.....Zonk!......Boom!" (for all of you old Batman TV show fans).

4.  Just randomly waving your ticket, while on your cell phone and not even looking at me.  This one happens a lot.  What I want to do but don't.....Put on some sunglasses and sway like Stevie Wonder until you notice that I'm not looking at you either. 

OK, my venting is almost complete!

Please remember that people are made in the image of God and that God deserves you to respect His image because of who He is.  And until then, I'll try to keep biting my tongue, because the people who say and do these rude things carry His image too. 

Meekness=strength under control.  Lord help us to be meek.

No comments: