Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I can't believe it!

Today, I'm at 302.  That's officially 1/3 of the way to my goal!  Funny thing is, I feel like I'm eating like a swine (you thought I'd say pig, didn't ya?)  For example, last night I ate 2 pieces of chicken cordon bleu, a lot of green beans, and a salad.  This feast was washed down with a coke zero.  This seems to be pretty typical of my dinners lately. 

For lunches, I usually eat one sandwich with a lot of meat in it. 

And for breakfast, I'll either have a sausage sandwich or a diabetic protein bar. 

I almost always drink water with an occasional coke zero.  And, I might eat a few pepperoni slices for a snack to give me that meaty feeling that my voraciously carniverous side needs.

It's crazy, I know!  This doesn't sound very healthy, but it's helping me to transition away from what I used to eat.  I don't think Jenny Craig would be too happy with my choices either. 

And if you're wondering, I have not really been as good with my exercises on the Wii Fat (maybe once or twice a week for an hour at a time). 

But somehow it's really working.  We looked at some pics of us just a couple of years ago in Florida, when I was over 350 and it looks like someone put Great Big Ole Jay in the dryer and out came a Less Big Ole Jay. 

This is me in 2009.  I was about 354!
This is me as of Sunday!

For those of you who have kindly pledged to help bring Peyton home to the Wilson family, keep putting your money in the piggy bank because I feel good that we're going to be able to help this family out.  And if you want to help even more, you can go to their blog and purchase a t-shirt they made to help raise funds. 

So there you have it.  I'm not saying this diet is for everyone, or that this is what I'll be eating a few weeks from now, but for now, it is how I've lost 33 pounds since March 1. 

3 more pounds and I'll be out of the 300's, hopefully forever!

Thanks for your support, both spiritually and financially.

Less of me, more of Him,
J

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Becky said...

Wow, congratulations! Great job!!! :) Keep up the good work!