Tuesday, June 7, 2011

290

I'll get the weight update out of the way up front.  Having moved and being in the process of adjusting to a new way of life, I didn't think I would have lost any weight.  But lo and behold, another couple of pounds is off.  Admittedly, I would like to be losing weight a little faster, but it's kind of like my spiritual life.....not where I want to be, but not where I used to be either.  We're still heading in the right direction.

Also, I want to take a little time to remind everyone why I'm doing this.  First, I am taking pledges for every pound I lose to go to the Wilson family so that they can adopt Peyton (an international special needs child).  It bothers me that the only thing separating this child from a loving Christian home is paper (paperwork to be completed and money).  So, continue emailing and messaging me and getting the word out about this drive to bring Peyton home and let's watch what God does. 

Second, selfishly it helps me to stay accountable for losing weight where I have previously tried to do this on my own.  Last time I checked, gluttony is a sin too.  And the best way to fight against sin is to bring it into the light.  So, I'm bringing my fat (and the sinful motivations for it) into the light and asking you to help me to stay in the light. 

Lastly, I just think it's neat to be reminded that we are all part of something bigger.  Not only am I involved in the life of the Wilson family in some small way, but you are all involved in my life too.  And doesn't this point us to our omnipresent God who is always there?  This tiny little mission that I'm on (tiny in the sense of the scope of all of eternity) is important because there is a God directing and in control over the whole thing.  And as He arranges the pieces of my life, I find peace in the fact that there's something bigger than me and NOTHING bigger than Him.  My life actually counts because God made me and empowered me and regenerated me to make it count. 

I'll just close with these profound words that you may feel free to meditate on......I love God!

Less of me, more of Him.

Jay

1 comment:

RichFam said...

You make me love you more and more every day. Thank you for always pointing us towards Jesus.
Much love and admiration,
The Wife. :o)